I made this presentation at Serbia Oracle User Group event in Zlatibor and Harmony 2015 event in Tallinn at last month. Both were very nice organizations that i really enjoyed, learned much and met with many Oracle experts.
I prepared this presentation to answer to following questions, which i think are really important for Exadata Database Machine administrators:
- To what degree, disk and cell server failures are tolerated?
- How to understand if ASM is able to re-build redundancy after disk or cell failures?
- What happens when multiple disks are failed consecutively and does it matter which disks failed?
- What we need to pay attention to in terms of redundancy, when we do administrative task such as rolling restart of cell servers, resizing diskgroups, etc. ?
- How can we interpret and track the "usable space" in Exadata?
Hope you find it useful, and please comment for anything incomprehensive or any insertion.